COVID-19 Advisory. We are open and accepting patients at this time. Click here for more information.
Intensive Outpatient Program
At Fort Worth Recovery, we recognize that every client comes to us with different backgrounds, interests, and needs. Consequently, we maintain a small client to clinician ratio in order to have the ability to customize our addiction treatment programs to best serve each individual.
Creating a solid foundation for our clientsThe Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) at Fort Worth Recovery is ideal for those who are transitioning from a residential treatment facility, an outpatient Partial Hospitalization (PHP) level of care, or just those who need a part-time yet intensive schedule that can accommodate their work, school, or family life. At the IOP level of care, clients participate in our treatment programming for three to four hours a day, three to five days a week depending on need. During the IOP phase, our goal is to continue to create a solid foundation for our clients and support them as they move through their process of recovery from substance abuse and/or co-occurring mental health disorders.
What Does a Typical Week in IOP Look Like?
While we pride ourselves on our ability to meet our clients where they are at, most weeks in IOP will include some variation of the following:
- A thorough initial assesment (If the client is not stepping down from our PHP level of care)
- Individual Therapy (minimum once per week)
- Group Therapy (6-15 sessions per week depending on clinical need)
- Psycho-educational Groups
- Experiential Therapy Groups
- Life Skills Training
- Accountability Group
- Nutrition in Recovery
- Boundaries and Attachment
- Mindfulness and Spiritual Counseling
- Principles of Recovery
- and more
- Family Therapy
- EMDR and/or Trauma Therapy (when clinically appropriate)
- Coordination with Our Psychiatrist (minimum one session every two weeks)
- Case Management (minimum one session per week)
- Career & Educational Goal Setting
- Financial Planning
- Interview Training
- Resume Building
- Coordination of Medical Appointments
- Group Outings
- Continuing Recovery & Aftercare Planning